13 January, 2015

Handmade Paper Matchbook Notepad

My latest mini handmade paper project! I've actually made something from my handmade paper! Eeek! The matchbook itself  is made from my lavender paper, and the paper sheets from cyclus (which I love). Instead of stapling the booklet together I punched holes in and tied with a piece of twine. I think they look quite cute! Perfect size for popping into your handbag.


I remember when I was a kid I use to go to the printers at the bottom of our road and spend my pocket money on little notepads that the printer made from off-cuts. There was nothing really special about them, they came in all sorts of different colours and sizes and were just glued together on one side - a bit like post-it notes. But this was long before post-it notes came on the scene, and the paper was a bit thicker too. I never wrote or drew on those notepads, it would have been sacrilege! I  kept them in my bedroom, just to look at and feel the smoothness of the paper.

I suppose I have that same feeling again about making something from my handmade paper as I don't want to "spoil" it! But I am going to force myself to make things from it, after all that's why I made it in the first place isn't it?

More notepads are in the pipeline, and maybe I'll try my hand at bookbinding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it with lurve!